Career Opportunity: Appraiser
The Appraisal Group (TAG) is an established and reputable firm with a large and varied client base. TAG provides a competitive business model, dynamic and user-friendly reports, within a fun, growth-oriented, “bring your dog to work” environment.
TAG is seeking a qualified individual to assist two MAIs in preparing Narrative Appraisals as well as prepare reports independently. The appraisals are for lender transactions and for litigation cases involving Eminent Domain, Tax Appeals and Estate Administration.
As an appraiser, you will work closely with both MAIs. You will meet with attorneys to become familiar with cases and assist the MAI in preparing for direct testimony in litigation trials. If you have the passion, you will have the opportunity to become an expert witness involving court testimony.
This is a fantastic opportunity in terms of income potential and professional growth. You will work at TAG’s company headquarters in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Or, you may enjoy the benefit of working remotely using our cloud-based system. Compensation is based on experience and performance.
- Assist MAIs in preparing real estate appraisals for Mortgage Financing, Estate Valuation, Tax Appeals and Eminent Domain.
- Conduct on-site inspections and interview property contacts.
- Create building sketches and input inspection data into proprietary Microsoft Word reports.
- Establish relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Interview and communicate regularly with commercial brokers, public officials and other market participants.
- Research, verify and analyze competitive data.
- Conduct “Highest and Best Use” and Marketability studies.
- Produce Narrative Appraisals via a “Team Approach.”
- Contribute to overall organizational goals in terms of marketing and business differentiation.
Send Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a 4-year college or university.
- You have a Certified Residential or General Appraisal License with 3+ years of experience.
- You have an interest in working towards the MAI designation with company assistance.
- You are competent in the development of a Discounted Cash Flow Analysis.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
- You have interest in the legal field and are willing to learn how to testify in court proceedings.
- You can complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations.
- You have excellent people skills with a willingness to work as a team when necessary.
- You have good attention to detail and the capability to meet deadlines.
- You are driven to achieve financial incentives and improve your quality of life.
- You desire to work in a fun and growth-oriented organization.